More of his work here
Stephen Powers, author of the great street art book “The Art of Getting Over“, presents this new documentary film: “A Love Letter For You”. We are quite excited about seeing it. To top it all off, the trailer music is from our favorite band Junip.
Kevin Bouldin, a Tremble friend, created this audio piece for the Nashville NPR affiliate WPLN. They run a series entitled “Upon First Meeting”, and in this episode he explores a music form that “predates both jazz and blues”.
excerpt from NPR article: “More than two hundred years after its birth, the stylings of this a capella music are still being enjoyed across the country from Manhattan to Northern Alabama to San Diego. WPLN’s Kevin Bouldin has this story about fasola and its connection to Music City.”
It is a beautiful piece. You should LISTEN.
Photo + Video by Daniel Collins.
My old Net Art professor from college, Rick Silva, shared this link. It’s a collection of his students’ most recent work, which is pretty incredible.
What’s the New Year without a Top Ten list? It seems everybody’s got a take on what was the best this last year had to offer. And that’s great, because while I’m clicking through these endless lists, it looks like I’m at my desk working, when really all I’m thinking about is what I’m going to wear to the Tremble New Year’s Day party.
Below are my favorite ways to waste time – my Top Ten List of Top 10 Lists.
1. The Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels of 2010 – Check this travel site to find places to create lasting vacation memories.
2. The Top 10 Bollywood Films of 2010 – Who doesn’t love a good choreographed dance number?
3. The Top 10 Best Comic Books & Graphic Novels of 2010 on Amazon dot com – This Top 10 is kind of a Top 20 because it’s split into “Editor’s Picks” and “Customer Favorites.” I agree more with “Customer Favorites.” Scott Pilgrim 6 was epic. It is the chronicle of our time. There, I said it. Actually, Joss Whedon said it. But I agree.
4. The Top Ten Celebrity Break Ups of 2010 – Nothing makes me giddier than the misery of pretty people.
5. The Top Ten Freakishly Specific Top Ten Lists from the Onion A/V Club – this is a Top Ten List from a magazine’s website about Top Ten Lists found on a free press newspaper’s website. A concept so ironic it should be wearing black cigarette jeans and be on its way to a Decemberists concert.
6. Top Ten Archeological Finds of 2010 – I assume we have one Mr. Indiana Jones to thank for this one.
7. Top Ten Viral Videos that don’t have Antoine Dodson in Them – this Huffington Post Top Ten List was called Top Ten Viral Videos, but all ten were about Antoine Dodson.
8. Top 10 Best Comedians of 2010 – The year may be over, but the laughs never stop! Until they do.
9. Top 10 Science Stories of 2010 – This is interesting and should help you sound smart when you’re making small talk with that hot chick wearing the Yale sweatshirt.
10. Top 10 of Everything 2010 from Time Magazine – Kanye West is on 8 of these lists. Somebody’s got a man-crush, it seems.
Because this blog aspires to inspire, I felt the need to post this video, which makes me giggle uncontrollably every time I see it. And I’ve seen it a lot. Usually under the influence. I’m pretty sure 9 of the 10 million views it currently has are from me.
About 3,000 people hit the dislike button for this video. I can’t imagine what kind of person would actively dislike it.
Yes I can. It’s probably this guy.
If you can find a picture of a person who would hate this video, I encourage you to add it to the comments.
Happy holidays, y’all.